What is Overdrive/Libby? OverDrive/Libby is a free service offered by our library that lets you borrow eBooks, audiobooks, and more from their digital collections. All you need to get started with free digital titles from OverDrive/Libby is an internet connection and a library card.
Nebraska OverDrive Website
- The Libby app is the easiest way to get started with digital books, audiobooks, and magazines from your public library!
- Install the Libby app from the app store on your Android or iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch) device. Or, visit libbyapp.com in your Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Edge browser.
- In Libby, follow the prompts to find your library and sign in with a valid library card.
- Browse your library’s collection and borrow a title.
- Borrowed titles appear on your Shelf ( ) and download to the app automatically when you're on Wi-Fi, so you can read them when you’re offline.
- On your Shelf, tap loans at the top of the screen. From there, you can:
- Tap Read With... to choose whether you'd like to open a book in Kindle (U.S. libraries only) or Libby.
- Tap Open In Libby to start reading or listening in the app.
- Tap Manage Loan to see options like Renew Loan and Return Early.